The Friends of the Orinda Library is excited to announce the winners of the 2016 Poul Anderson Creative Writing Contest.
The writing contest is named in memory of Orinda resident Poul Anderson, a popular science fiction writer of over eighty books. Winning entries are selected by a panel of judges who are involved professionally in reading, writing, or publishing.
This year’s winners are as follows:
- Winner: Katie Lyons, Stolen Seconds
- Winner: Elizabeth (Beth) Huelsenbeck, Return to Genesis
- Winner: Sara Aoki, Cracks and Crevices
- Honorable Mention: Sophie Hammond, Sister Suffragette
- Winner: Carolyn Brager, Hands, Mothers, and some Sticky Notes
- Honorable Mention: Eli Spitulnik, The Climbing Experience