The Friends of the Orinda Library is excited to announce the start of the 2017 Poul Anderson Creative Writing Contest, open to all students who reside and/or attend high school in Orinda.
Entry Categories are Science Fiction/Fantasy, Essay/Memoir/Biography, Poetry and Short Story. Students may submit one entry in any of the four categories for a total of not more than three entries. Submission deadline is Friday, April 21 at noon.
Entries are judged by a panel of local judges who are involved professionally in reading, writing or publishing. Awards will go to the works judged best. There will not necessarily be one award in each category.
Up to four winners will each be awarded $250 prizes at the end of the school year, underwritten by the Friends of the Orinda Library. The winning entries will be posted on the Friends’ website and inside the Orinda Library facility, for all to enjoy.
The contest is named in honor of the late Poul Anderson, a popular science-fiction writer and Orinda resident, who was a true friend to the community for 40 years.
Download an entry form: 2017 Contest Entry Form
Entries should be turned in at the Orinda Library or submitted to individual school representatives, listed below:
• Bentley School: Susan Bogas at email@example.com
• Campolindo: Jaon Batcheller at firstname.lastname@example.org
• College Prep: Andrea Tinnemeyer at email@example.com
• Head Royce: Barry Barankin at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holden High School: Kate Knox at email@example.com
• Miramonte: Samantha Stuber at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Orinda Academy: Katherine Saxby at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the contest, please email Julie Rossiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.