The Friends of the Orinda Library is excited to announce the winners of the 2015 Poul Anderson Creative Writing Contest.
The writing contest is named in memory of Orinda resident Poul Anderson, a popular science fiction writer of over eighty books. Winning entries are selected by a panel of judges who are involved professionally in reading, writing, or publishing. This year’s judges are Ginger Wadsworth, author; Sally Small, author; and Janet Boreta and Marian Nielsen of Orinda Books.
This year’s winners are as follows:
- Winner: Hannah Fishlow, Miramonte High School, Grade 10
The Tended Garden
- Honorable Mention: Sophie Hammond, Miramonte High School, Grade 10 Hades and Persephone: A Greek Tragedy
- Winner:Noelle Chow, homeschooled, Grade 11 Nothing Wrong
- Winner: Sophie Hammond, Miramonte High School, Grade 10 Only a Hilltop
- Winner: Kate Nerone, Miramonte High School, Grade 10
The Brightest Silence