The Friends of the Orinda Library is excited to announce the start of the 2014 Poul Anderson Creative Writing Contest, open to all students who reside and/or attend high school in Orinda.
Entry Categories are Science Fiction, Essay/Memoir, Poetry and Short Story. Students may submit one entry in any of the four categories for a total of not more than three entries. Submission deadline is Friday, April 18th at noon.
Entries are judged by a panel of Orinda writers and residents. Awards will go to the works judged best. There will not necessarily be one award in each category.
Up to four winners will each be awarded $250 prizes at the end of the school year, underwritten by the Friends of the Orinda Library. The winning entries will be posted on the Friends’ website and inside the Orinda Library facility, for all to enjoy.
The contest is named in honor of the late Poul Anderson, a popular science-fiction writer and Orinda resident, who was a true friend to the community for 40 years.
Entries should be submitted to individual school representatives, listed below:
- Bentley School: Susan Bogas at email@example.com
- Campolindo: Gwenly Carrel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College Prep: Kate Kordich at Andrea_Tinnemeyer@college-prep.org
- Head Royce: Barry Barankin at email@example.com
- Holden High School: Kate Knox at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miramonte: Eloise Schneider at email@example.com
- Orinda Academy: Katherine Saxby at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the contest, please email email@example.com.